Monday, October 22, 2018

WARNING TMI POST

So lets get down and dirty into the gritty truth about puppies or more importantly the mother dog. So when the beans where born Maja was in so much pain that she was biting the couch and screaming. It killed my I wanted to cry along with her I hated seeing my baby in pain. Each time when the puppies where born they where born in a sac called placenta we actually had to get in there and rip open the sac because Maja couldn't get it. Then Maja proceeded to eat the placenta and clean her puppies and when the next one came we would take the last puppy so she didnt step or bite the puppy and we would dry off the puppy in a towel. Well due to her eating the sac we now have an unforeseen consequence it causes diarrhea VERY VERY BAD diarrhea poor Maja has to go out every few hours and three to six times at night to go potty. I think the next time that Maja has puppies I wont let her eat the sac because this poor girl is not a happy camper.
There is also one more thing that I have noticed that is not TMI but kinda sad and frustrating. Every litter has a runt and out litter runt is not that small but still smaller than the rest of the litter and I have noticed that Maja seems not to let the runt latch or feed off her because she either does not have enough milk because naturally the runt is the last to eat. Another reason the runt does the weird jerking when he eats he thrashes his head from side to side very violently for a puppy who weighs less than a pound. So because of that Maja naturally does not want to feed it. Our bottles for the puppy should be coming tomorrow and we will start puppy feeding out of a bottle till then heres to hoping and praying that he is getting enough till then.
I will keep you guys updated just follow the blog!

2 comments:

  1. What did the placenta feel like? could be the puppy food as well a change in diet can do that to dogs. cute puppies thou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placenta felt like a warm slimy bloody mass I am sorry that is the best way I could describe it the vet says she is okay though and we started her on puppy food per the doctors orders. She seems to be doing a lot better now I'll post an update on monday!

    ReplyDelete

Does anyone else do this?

My roommate has been trying to impress on me not to play the shoulda, woulda, coulda game. For those of you that dont know what that is basi...