Friday, November 16, 2018

A post about Monster!

As many of you know I have a cat named Monster. Some of you may not know that Monster is the reason so much of my social media has the name it has, MonsterMotley or MonstersMotleyCrew, now I am going to tell you a little bit about Monsters story.
I got Monster when she was about 5 or 6 weeks old. My neighbor came to me saying she had something in the rafters of her garage and asked me to trap whatever it was. I took a flashlight and her live trap over to her house and climed a latter to look around in her garage. I couldn't see anything but I could defiantly hear something scrambling around up there. So I took the most pungent food I could find, wet tuna cat food, set it in a live trap and put it up in the rafters and left it over night. I came back the next day fully expecting to find a baby possum or raccoon in the trap and instead I think I had caught a large grey rat. Alas it was not a grey rat but the rattiest ugliest kitten I have ever seen in my life. She was bone thin covered in dirt and poop and god knows what else her lamp like green eyes where almost sticking out of her head and she was just the saddest sight I ever laid eyes on.
The woman a good friend of mine felt sorry for the kitten and being an avid cat lover and rescuer as well said she would take the kitten. That could have been where the story ended me and monster parting ways and only seeing her when I come over to visit if not for the fact that my friend had two other cats who did not like Monster one bit. The next day I get a knock on the door and its my friend telling me she cant keep the kitten that her cats are bullying it and it wont come out from behind the washer and dryer. I had another friend over at the time who said he would help me come get the little kitten so we walk over with a can of wet food and a bowl of milk to try and lure the kitten out from behind the washer and dryer. That was a task in it of its self which after a failed attempt to lure the kitten out with food my friend ended up dangling me by my ankles behind the washer and dryer so that I could snag the little monster.
We took the kitten home and in a cage made for a Grate Dane I set up a litter box, food, water and some towels. The poor little scrap sat in the corner of the litter box scared out of her mind mewling pitifully. When my dad who I lived with at the time came in and saw the kitten he declared I had to take her right to the pound! To which I replied "Look at her she the ugliest kitten ever no one will want her they will put her to sleep!" Dad being a big softy in his own right reluctantly allowed me to keep her but I think that is just because he didn't expect her to survive through the night!
Then I called up my Dads mother, my grandmother, who was out doing her shopping and asked her to pick me up a few cans of wet food for the kitten. When she got to the house she had 30+ cans of wet food and upon seeing the kitten declared. "That is the ugliest kitten I have ever seen" At this point monster had pooped all over herself and was sitting in her poop making small terrified noises.
So I opened up a new can of wet food put it in the cage for her and left the door open so if she wanted to come out she could and went to bed. Some time in the night I am not sure exactly when I saw these big lamp like green eyes peek over the bed at me. I said "why your just a little Monster arent ya?" So she crawled up onto the bed and curled up next to me purring and I said "Aww thats so cute wait your covered in poop" One sink bath later and a friendship was born!
Monster after her fourth bath
Happy cat right here! Monster and her buddy smoke!
And finally Monster today my buddy in everything I do including writing this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Does anyone else do this?

My roommate has been trying to impress on me not to play the shoulda, woulda, coulda game. For those of you that dont know what that is basi...