Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Puppy Must Haves!

So every time I get a dog especially a puppy I get roughly the same things for the puppies so I thought I would share my list with you guys. If I left anything off or you get anything different for your list please feel free to share. Now these are in no particular order so don't mind the numbering.

1. Chew toys / teething toys. I think any puppy parent will agree that chew toys are an essential part of owning a puppy.

2. Puppy pads / Pee pads. I dont often approve of puppy pads simply because I feel it teaches the dog that its okay to go inside as long as its in this one spot, but ever since Maja had the puppys we have been using the puppy pads to save the floor because she cannot seem to hold her bladder over night and does not wake us up to go out.
3. Wet puppy food. Now our puppys are not quite old enough to grasp the concept of food yet other than the milk that Maja gives them but in a little less than a week they will start on the wondrous adventure that is food and the first food they will be getting is wet dog food! 
4. Training treats. Now I start my dogs early on training normally from the moment we get them but I am guess I will start the puppies on training when they turn about 5 weeks old this seems like a good age to try and harness that energy weather it will work is another matter entirely but you can be darn sure that I will have my handy dandy training treats at my side. 
5. Collars and leashes. This seems like a no brainer but I felt obligated to put it on here because it is a must have. I mean your puppys not going to follow everywhere right off the bat so you need a collar and a leash. 
6. Bowls. Another no brainer but you would be surprised at how many people feed their dog off of a plate. I was told very early on that this is a big no no because it teaches the puppy that its okay to take food off of a plate, ANY plate so I highly recommend having a bowl for the puppy to have all to themselves. 
Well thank you so much for reading those are my must haves for bringing home a new puppy or dog of any kind! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Does anyone else do this?

My roommate has been trying to impress on me not to play the shoulda, woulda, coulda game. For those of you that dont know what that is basi...